Friday, February 10, 2012

Would You..

“I wonder, if one day, will my heart stop beating on its own-not from old age but because its grown tired from being broken”
                                    -Dark Muse

And I used to wonder, when I die
Would you be right by my side?
To catch my last breath on my last sigh.
And when you speak my name,
Would it be my air in your lungs that
carry my essence of forever on your tongue.
Each syllable, each sound?
Would you taste me as I was, not as I am now? Gone.
Would it make you cry, knowing the reason I had to die?
To make my forever apart of you,
the vapor of my soul slithering throughout your empty void
Fulfilling all the empty spaces within your heartless soul.
And would it make you cry, every time your heart beats
You feel mine breaking, as it did-time after time.
An eternity of what use to be my own pain,
My precious heartache eternally encased within your very bones.
The sweetest revenge for me to apprehend; your body, your heart and your mind.
For you were my sin that left me broken, when you loved me then left me to die.
You said it, I heard you,” I love you”. But you lied,
And with every “I love you” pieces of me decayed with my every cry.
You broke my heart; I had to let love go.
And when I died, you were right by my side
To catch my last breath as I let out my last sigh.
But now I wonder,
Would it make you cry knowing the reason that I died
Was to gift you all of me: my love, my heart, my soul and my life eternally
You took me for granted, but I will never give up.
For now you will see the reason I gave you all of me
So you can live a ife with love and not so selfishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment